You think the name of this plant is a little funky, but if you see this string of banana houseplant, you realize that it is not better than it. The string of banana scientific names is ” Curio Radicans ” and found in South Africa. Other common names of a string of banana succulent are Banana Vine, String of Pearls, Creeping Berry, Necklace Plant, and some more. The string of bananas belongs to a string of pearls and Curio Gallienus genus. The name is held by its foliage green glossy shape of a banana.
String Of Bananas Flower
String Of Bananas succulent has features of hardy and easy to care. If you care very much, then a string of banana houseplants go for long periods of about 4 to 5 years. This is used for beautiful ornaments for your interior, and also you can hang it on your balcony, gallery, or in a pot for a garden. The string of banana flowers grows in the winter season and after spring. The glossy whitish small flowers with ceremonies fragmented. This looks elegant in the winter season if you place it anywhere in a pot or hanging position.
How To Grow And Care String Of Bananas
A string of bananas has an appealing quality to attract by its glossy green leaves with a banana shape that curves to the pointed tips. The banana shape leaves are 2 to 3 cm long and grow to the opposite side. The stem of the string of bananas succulent is 3-4 feet long and looks beautiful for hanging position.
- It can tolerate outdoor areas and summer temperatures. The hardness curio is for low temperatures that are below 10 degrees centigrade.
- The soil should be well-drained and moist for good growth.
- Please don’t give them lots of water.
- A string of banana sunlight requirements for well growing for beginners. It would be best to keep it under the shade; direct light may damage and harm the plant. It requires bright light.
- A string of bananas requires more fertilization than other succulent.
- Curio radicans grow very well in the Summer season.
In South Africa, some people use this house plant as food. The name is Khoi khoin.
String Of Bananas Vs. Fish Hooks
The big difference in the string of banana and fish hook is The bigger size of Senecio radicans plant is the fish hook, whereas the smaller version is called a string of banana. One other thing is that the fish hook plant did not report any toxins. But a string of bananas may have issues and stay away from pets and children.
String Of Bananas Propagation
The propagation of a string of bananas is as easy as the other succulent. You can propagate through string of banana seeds and string of banana stem cutting. We are discussing both methods below. Read carefully if you are a beginner and follow all the points for a well-growing string of banana houseplant.
- If you want to propagate through seeds, you should have the best quality seeds that you get from Any nursery and online stores. Whereas it’s challenging to do, you should go for the easiest way of the stem cutting method.
- First, you require wide pots with well-drained soil. Soil can be used pre-made and homemade. But premade soil helps to fast and healthy.
- Cut the stem on the base of the string of bananas.
- Make sure to cut only those stems which are looking young, clean, and healthy. Avoid damage and yellow parts.
- Place them Under the soil about 1-1.5 inches.
- Now keep The soil moist and avoid overwatering until the soil is arid.
- Keep The pot is in a bright light place and avoids direct sunlight.
- After one week, you can see the small leaves growing up.