This is one of the famous, elegant, Sansevieria varieties found in Africa and also some people familiar in the UK and Australia because of its uniqueness. Sansevieria cylindrica is also known as a cylindrical snake plant. In Africa, people call this with different names such as Africa spear, spear Sansevieria, skyline spear Sansevieria. Sansevieria cylindrica is a beautiful ornament for indoors. The genus of Sansevieria cylindrica is Sansevieria, and it belongs to the ” Asparagaceae ” family.
How to Grow Sansevieria Cylindrica
This look straight upward with green fleshy leaves gives a stylish look to any place. It grows a fan-shaped and spear form. The leaves can grow 7 feet long, with 3 inches in diameter.
The leaves of Sansevieria grow basal rosette and spread rhizomes under the soil. The leaves are some with greenish-gray variegated. The Sansevieria cylindrica flower grows cream-White colored flowers and has a small fragment. Sansevieria cylindrica flowers are not showy, and some with flower spikes.
Sansevieria Cylindrica Varieties
Sansevieria cylindrica ( cylindrical snake plant) grows in east Africa and has various varieties with patterns and colors of leaves we are mentioning here.
- Sansevieria Braided
- Sansevieria Patula
- Sansevieria Frosty Spear
- Sansevieria Boncel
Sansevieria Cylindrica Care
The best thing about the Sansevieria varieties is they need low maintenance and care and best houseplant for beginners and busy people who love the houseplant and natural environment. Before buying the sansevieria cylindrica succulent, you have to know about the care of this succulent.
Light: cylindrical succulent needs bright light, and to avoid direct sunlight, you should keep it under the shade for well growth and its long life.
Water: Cylindrical snake plants can tolerate dry soil and low watering; before watering this succulent, you should check it if it’s completely dry out, then give some water to it. But keep a reminder lots of water can dye your succulent.
Temperature: It requires a well-growing temperature from 15 to 23°C. If any cases the temperature is low and high, you should maintain it by using artificial equipment.
Feed: sansevieria cylindrica needs feed once a month in the growing season but not required any other care and maintaining time to time.
Toxic: yes, actually, Sansevieria cylindrica has toxic properties for any animals and humans. Avoid and far away from Children and cats dogs. But it’s a good purifier and produces oxygen at night.
How To Propagate Sansevieria Cylindrica Succulent Easily At Home?
Two different methods can propagate cylindrical snake plants. We are using the leaves cutting method
- First of all, cut the leaves from rootstock with a sharp blader
- It can be 6 inches long
- Get a wide pot with well-drained soil
- Push it back into the soil about 2 inches
- Spread a soil slightly and put it on a bright light
- Let it for some weeks
- But remember these things
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Keep soil moist
- If soil dry out completely, then water it
Sansevieria Cylindrica Benefits
- Good purifier to remove toxins from the atmosphere
- Easy to maintain and care
- Can live 5 6 years if you care correctly
- Beautiful ornaments from Indoor and outdoor
- Sansevieria cylindrica uses are for home decorating is a good idea in low price
- Can tolerate dry soil and sunlight or Temperature
- The best thing about sansevieria cylindrica succulent can produce oxygen and absorb carbon dioxide at night.
- This thing enables placement in bedrooms and living rooms
- A good cure for sick syndromes.