If you want to grow pepper plants in your home. That’s great planning because it’s an all-day valuable thing in your kitchen. You can easily get through your outdoors and use freshly and healthy pepper plant succulent. Plus, It’s a great plant succulent full of nutrients, and comes with various spices. Pepper plants have a different flavor and health benefits. So, here we are going to explain all information about pepper plants that will be very helpful to grow and keep your plant healthy and well reap pepper crop ever.
Pepper plants are mostly found in central and South America, Mexico, and the West Indies. Firstly introduced in the European market. In fact, In the 17th-century peppers were cultivated not only in European countries but also in Asia and Africa.
More About Pepper Plants
Pepper plants look very beautiful because of their colors. It’s found in different colors like red, orange, yellow, green. The red color pepper with green shiny long leaves makes it very adorable. That’s why some pepper plants are used as indoor and outdoor ornaments.
Pepper plants belong to the ” Solanaceae ” family and have above 30 different spices. Mostly pepper plants are extremely cultivated because of its incredible edible use in-home food, and others.
Most Spices of Pepper Plant
- Bell pepper
- Sweet Pepper
- chili peppers
- Capsicum (flexuosum & pubescent)
- Tabasco pepper
- Serrano pepper
- Locoto Pepper
There are huge varieties of pepper plants that are some of the famous and commonly used pepper kinds we mentioned above. However, It’s difficult to grow care and gardening. It is especially caring about planting and how much it will need spacing for good growth. The spacing is a vert essential keypoint all over the planting methods. Pepper needs specific water, air, soil, the air regulation has a high impact on the growth, nutrients benefits, and some more. Fully mature pepper is full of nutrients and tastes very good.
Pepper Plant Spacing
If you want to grow pepper plants in your home garden you should know some important things that are very essential Methods To grow plants well. Follow these steps.
- Firstly, everyone should know that every plant has a different method of planting. They grow in different spaces.
- Some vegetables and fruits need some feet or inches like carrots, and orange plants, and some other herbs.
- Now, the pepper plants need spacing to identify according to their type of spice. Which type of spice you want to grow in your indoor and outdoor garden.
- So here we discuss some most commonly used pepper spice. That is large in size or small in size.
- Therefore, the larger pepper takes a wide area for plantation and the small pepper needs some inches to grow.
- Pepper plant spacing has two methods, one through seeds, and the other is with plants.
- The seed packet spacing means that generally, you need to buy a pepper seeds packet which pepper you want to grow. If you get the pepper seeds packet now you have to determine how much area they will require to plant. Suppose one seed packet required 16 inches spacing; this means that the plants required 8 inches for each in diameter space to grow.
- The general method of spacing is different according to different pepper types; they grow different in size, some are bushy, tall, small, and wide in appearance.
- They do not grow above 3 feet.
Spacing For Hot Pepper plant
So, hot pepper plant spacing generally needs space to grow about 12-18 inches or 30-36 cm wide area. But the larger kind of pepper usually takes 18 inches to plant. We notice that after this spacing when they grow up they get closer to each other and they happily grow with light, air, and feeding care. If they are very close they do not get enough light, air would be damaged.
Since pepper is also enabled for self-pollinating methods and this is very helpful to grow up fastly.
Reasons Why We Using Pepper Spacing Technique
Here are some important points for why pepper plants require space to grow.
- Pepper fruits need more maintenance and care; they require lots of fresh air circulation for good growth.
- All the spices of pepper-like hot and sweet peppers need more care and air circulation. If they do not get enough air then they will not be sweet and hot in teats and grow with a lack of nutrients.
- The yield also increases according to this and pollination methods enhance.
- If they are so close they will produce fewer pepper, vegetables, and fruits.
- The main advantage of spacing peppers is one of them will produce full of nutritious fruits.
- The other benefit is they produce fruits in huge amounts.
- You can also harvest them easily without any difficulty.
- You can pick them easily.
- If you plant different varieties of pepper you can avoid hybrids.
- The pollination easy and quick one kind of pepper to another.
- I hope it will be beneficial for you to grow pepper plants efficiently.
Pepper Plants Uses And Benefits
There are many uses of pepper plants that are commonly used in our daily lives.
- The mostly mild bell peppers areas used in our kitchen as vegetables. The other variety is called hot pepper such as habanero and tabasco. Many people are familiar with this spice because of its use as a powder form for any food to taste.
- Some peppers look very elegant and beautiful grown and used as an ornament for the home interior.
- Black pepper is most commonly used at our home that has carminative, anti-flatulent, and anti-inflammatory properties. Black pepper has many health benefits such as
- Prevents Any type of Cancer
- Balck pepper helpful for Digestion and Prevents Constipation problems
- It can be used in Skin Problems like pimple etc
- Great work for Your Hair and skin
- Most commonly used in weight loss recipes and tips and Detoxifies Your Body fastly
- Black pepper reduce Depression symptoms
- It can also work for relief in Joint Pain
Best Time To Plant Peppers
For pepper growing the best season is the start of spring. They will require 8-10 weeks to grow indoors.
How To Take Care Of Pepper Plants
This is a very helpful guide to grow pepper plants easily and pepper plant care tips for in a home garden. We will have suggestions for planting pepper starting from the outdoor then place to the outdoor.
Sun__ Every kind of pepper requires full sun for producing huge amounts of fruit along with being full of nutrients and taste. So, choose those areas where the directing sunlight reaches and no shaded area found around the pepper plant.
Soil__ Pepper plants require well-drained soil for good development and it should be rich in vitamin minerals, etc. The soil may be a sandy and loamy form you make sure about sand texture it should be warm quickly.
Soil PH ratio should be 5.5-6.5 it would be great. If you plant indoors and in the coming season you need to replace it outdoors then check the soil texture in the garden. If you place another vegetable or fruit near the pepper-like tomatoes, potatoes, or eggplants this will. Be not safe for other plants and also for themself.
Watering__ They require watering daily. Be careful don’t overwater. If you see the soil is dry or moist then give some water to sprinkling. If you live in a warm and desert type place, give watering a daily basis.
Fertizer__ Fertilizer must be the first fruit set.
Temperature__ the soil temperature should be 70 degrees Fahrenheit. So place it in a warm area and also you can use an artificial temperature controlling system for this. If you plant indoors. But for outdoors the direct sunlight is best to maintain temperature.
Troubleshooting__ they may be effective by hot very hot weather and this may be the cause of low production peppers, fruits, and flowering. They will grow well when nights cool down.
How To Harvest Peppers Plant
About the harvest of peppers, you must know some things. The pepper plant harvesting must be done when they grow up as fully matured. Even, When they Had desirable color, size, etc. If they are fully mature they are very sweet and have greater vitamin c, and are rich in nutrients. You can easily cut off with sharp knives or scissors then clean off and store and use them.
How To Store Peppers For Out Of Season Use?
The pepper plants as you know store them. Usually in a refrigerator in a plastic bag or a cover paper to keep it fresh. It can be stored freshly in the refrigerator for about 10-12 days.
Whereas, the bell pepper can be stored when it is completely dried. When harvested bell pepper then cleans and dry it through the oven at 140 Fahrenheit until it is brittle. Then they completely dry, place on a paper or cloth, cool them and store them in an airtight container.
Pepper Plant Care Tips
You should know about caring tips to keep pepper fresh for a long time and develop correctly.
- Pepper protected through a plastic mulch. It can help improve growth in low watering and weeding.
- Cultivate pepper very carefully; they are shallow-rooted.
- Keep soil and temperature moist when using plastic mulch for it.
- Avoid high nitrogen fertilization techniques.
- Support plant with stake or cage
- When they produce fruit it may break. Care for them. Using stake or other best.
- High temperatures and bad weather may cause fruit and plant damage.
- High wind flow mei cause flower dropping
- Keep pets and children away from the pepper plant
- They may cause any bacterial infection, tobacco mosaic virus.
- Keep the garden clean
- Far away from any pets birds and animals
- Remove infected plants and they may damage others.
How To Grow Pepper Plants or Seeds?
If you are planning to grow pepper plants through seeds then look at this guide carefully. Mostly we are using sow seeds for planting peppers in different varieties. But it will be the best idea in the peppers growing season. You should wait for it. After spring peppers can grow healthy and fastly with lots of fruit amounts.
So, if you want to plant pepper which you want then buy from an online store or a local nursery. You just take seeds and place them on the well-drained soil along with the spacing technique. Most peppers grow indoors for about 8-10 weeks. Then it should transplant to the outdoor garden area. After this is replaced it will take 2-3 weeks to grow up mature.
The temperature must be 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit. Hot peppers grow fastly and more funky than others. Place the hot seeds on a plastic zip bag and put them in a warm place. Most pepper seeds sprout approx 1-2 weeks. When they sprout, place it in a pot and the pot is filled with well-drained soil. When the leaves grow, move plants in the sunlight. Keep in mind, don’t place the pot under a low temperature like below 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pepper is one of the essential parts of food in all types of food recipes they must include. It’s full of nutrients and It has also been found that piperine can be beneficial to getting B-complex vitamins, beta-carotene, as well as other nutrients from the food. Pepper is mostly used to enhance the flavor of food. They come in different varieties and are used as different vegetable foods.
You can grow pepper in your kitchen and place it in a pot when you need to be picked from. Them and used it fresh. You can also use a dry form or powder form. Pepper is used in many sauces. Here we share some delicious recipes of pepper plants using different kinds of pepper.
Pepper Recipes Name
- Homemade Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Chili Leaves Stir Fry with Garlic
- Devil’s Tongue Hot Sauce Recipe
- Chili Pepper Madness
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Homemade Paprika
- Vietnamese Chili Salt Dip
- White On Rice Couple
- Pepper Sauce
Devil’s Tongue Hot Sauce Recipe
Here we are going to tell you a pepper sauce recipe using hot pepper.
- 2 ounces garlic
- 1tbsp ground ginger
- 1tbsp mustard
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tbsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp salt or add to taste
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of hot water
Now, firstly finely chopped peppers, carrot, onion, and garlic. Put into the pot and bring it to boil for 15 minutes.
Cool down for 10 mint and put in a grinder to make it fine paste all the boiled veggies. Grind it until it makes a smooth paste. So, finally, it’s ready to use and serve it as is or strain it through a strainer. And put it in an airtight container. Store in a refrigerator for 1 month.