The names of this succulent are not showing the connection with their name as other plants such as the string of pearl, a string of banana, and the string of heart. The Gymnocalycium belongs to the Cactaceae family and Gymnocalycium genus that was found in 1903 by Alberto.
This unique house plant belongs to the cactus species known as cactus generated in two cacti, Hylocereus, and the second is sicon. They have many varieties according to this color range. Gymnocalycium mihanovichii has many varieties in colors that associate with different names such as the moon cactus means yellow and orange colors of Gymnocalycium mihanovichii succulent.
The moon cactus, due to lack of chlorophyll, produced sugar through photosynthesis. This will come as a colorful plant and found in the deserts of South Africa.
The flower of Gymnocalycium mihanovichii succulent has many varieties of colors of flowering. And the blooming season is summer to love to grow up and enhance Gymnocalycium beauty. The colors of the flowers are orange, pink, neon yellow, and dark pink. Due to the chlorophyll unavailability, the colors of this succulent are changing day after day. They are half inches in size and small in height. This is a gorgeous flower bouquet to give as a gift to your loved one.
Gymnocalycium belongs to many species and has many varieties according to the colors of this. Here we enlisted some types of Gymnocalycium.
- Gymnocalycium mihanovichii
- Gymnocalycium horstii
- Gymnocalycium saglionis
- Gymnocalycium bruchii
- Gymnocalycium spegazzinii
- Gymnocalycium stellatum
- Gymnocalycium stenopleurum
- Gymnocalycium hossei
If you like and want to buy Gymnocalycium mihanovichii for your outdoor. Then you should know about this care and maintenance for well-growing succulent.
Sunlight: Gymnocalycium mihanovichii required not direct sun heat or light to grow bright light or better place under the shade.
Watering: they do not need lots of watering. It damages if you overwater and die soon. If the soil is completed dry, then give the water and keep it always moist.
Temperature: if you give the best stable temperature according to this succulent desire. It will. Grow well about 12 inches long, and the temperature should be a minimum of 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hardy: Gymnocalycium mihanovichii is not a hardy type succulent and can’t bear cold temperatures.
Propagation: propagating this Gymnocalycium mihanovichii by two ways one of offset and second is the grafting method.
Toxic: not actually it does not have any toxic properties for pets and humans.
Grow: they love to grow in the summer season. You can do well repot and propagate in this summer season.
How to propagate Gymnocalycium Mihanovichii?
The propagation of Gymnocalycium mihanovichii is very easy to do. If you are a gardening lover, you will enjoy this a lot. In season you should propagate any plants for a well-grown and healthy life. Gymnocalycium has two methods of propagation; we are discussing one of them.
- Firstly, we follow the offset method of propagating a Gymnocalycium succulent. It will be done with the moon cactus.
- The shape of the moon cactus is round; you cut off the top one side carefully. It is about 2 to 3 pieces. Choose those parts which look healthy and strong. Avoid damage and yellowish parts.
- Then prepare your pot with well-drained soil. Soil should be dry and before placing this cutting piece on it.
- Place it for one to two days for drying. The two pieces are tight with rubber bands and if they are scorched, then push it on the well-drained soil.
- Let it for some weeks. After some weeks, if you see a small plant on the top of the soil, then just sprinkling some water on it.
- Keep The pot under the shade where bright light comes easily.
- Finally, you can get successful Gymnocalycium mihanovichii succulent.